Maui
May 2010
Tis true. Sean whisked me away to Maui without the kids! It was short but oh so sweet. Here are a few highlights.
Diving 5 Caves.
Spotting a manta ray. Their wing span can grow over 20 ft! This guy was probably 8-10ft.
Turtles, turtles everywhere!
Searching for, and finding a Jackson's Chameleon.
They are so cute and unique in how they move.

Mmmm, shave ice.
The picturesque Road to Hana.
Buying some fantastic banana bread,
that was worth every $6.75!
Before the town of Hana there is a gorgeous volcanic black sand beach at Wai'anapanapa Park.
The contrast of the green vegetation on the lava was breathtaking.
At that same spot were some spring-fed freshwater caves that we cooled off in.
The water was crystal clear.
On the way back down the road to Hana we stopped and climbed over a tin shack to hike to this waterfall,
and go for a little swim. Good form Sean.
Problems with the rental car. :)
Mmmm, more shave ice with ice-cream on the bottom.





















3 comments:
I love that you guys go every year together. Nice little tradition.
Your pictures are amazing! I especially love the shot of both of you jumping in the water. So cool!! I'm so happy you two were able to have a getaway!!!!
I am there next year for my 30th...if you want to meet me:) It is so beautiful!!!
Post a Comment