CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spectacular September

For my Birthday, Sean surprised me with an all day pass to the BLUE Ocean Film Festival. It was SO cool! I was able to spend a whole Saturday viewing documentaries and other films and then rubbing shoulders with the film directors and those involved in them. Sylvia Earle (below) was there who is a world renowned marine biologist as well as Jean Micheal Cousteau and famous underwater photographers and film makers for National Geographic, BBC, etc.  Don't laugh, it was extremely exciting for me!

Birthday celebrations continued. #30 is cause for at least 30 days of partying. Olive Garden with my gals Steph and Sarah.

Myo, which is the funnest build your own frozen yogurt place ever!

Family and neighbor party. Sean and the girls made me a yummy cake.

Then, I got to fly to New Mexico for my b.f.f's wedding, spend time with my parents and even got to drive my dad's '66 cherry red Mustang.

Nikki's wedding was beautiful. I was just ecstatic for she and Sam! Congrats you two!!

Here is the happy couple as well as Nikki's cute Grandpa.

Nick and Jo Raye. My amazing parents.

After a weekend in Carlsbad. I came home to my sweet in-laws, a Baskin Robbins Pralines-n-Cream cake, Michaels Craft store gift card, and a clean house!

Sean's dad and step-mom were visiting while I was gone and made a little trip out to Gilroy Gardens, a horticulture themed amusement park. Hence the spinning artichoke ride.

I have never actually been there but hear that the gardens are amazing. I also heard that Daisy hated the lines and refused to ride anything but one ride with Poppas at the end of the day. Sean got her on the train ride and she screamed so much the engineer asked her to get off. Looks like Disneyland is going to have to wait a few more years.

Randa and Daisy patiently watching others enjoy the rides.


The morning after I got back from NM we took a quick family photo and then,

Mike and Randa took me to First Awakenings for a Birthday breakfast where we revealed the big news to them that we are expecting baby #3. SURPRISE! Randa loves puzzles and so I put the message and an ultrasound pic on the pieces for them to put together.


We later announced the news to the girls and they were sooo excited. Lily is learning to read and so I wrote out "Big Sister" for Daisy and "New Baby" for Lily to sound out. She immediately got it and looked at my stomach and said, "You have a baby in your tummy?........ How did THAT happen???" Uhhhhh, that caught me off guard! Fortunately 'when a mommy and daddy love each other very much they are able to have a baby' explanation works great for now. Plus the candy bottles helped to distract from a more in-depth conversation.


Sean has been out snorkeling a few times this month with his buddy Jeff. Sean wrestled this monster decorator crab up to the shore for the kids (and adults) to enjoy.

There have been some gorgeous days this month. Sunday strolls around town are common for us as are the deer and golf courses...they are everywhere.

Sean is partial to strolls by the golf courses so he can find stray golf balls.

Another monumental moment...Lily lost her 2nd tooth! Her two permanent teeth were growing in behind and pushed her front bottom baby teeth right out.

Just more beach days. Lil sporting some feather boa kelp.

She found a washed up bat star.

Daisy didn't want to put it back or let anyone else hold it.
There ya have it, a little bit of September with the Conroy's.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Your family sure does know how to throw one heck of a party that really does last for 30 days (or ALL weekend!) Glad you were able to fly out to your BFF wedding.
CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant!! HOW FUN!!! Which reminds me, I Have been needing to send back all of that maternity clothes that I borrowed forever ago. What's your address? You email it to me at sweetdreams88@gmail.com
again, congratulations!

SarahWilcox said...

Happy Birthday! :) And Congrats on #3!! It is so fun to see the pictures and see how fast those cute girls of yours are growing!

Laura said...

congrats brenna! that is so exciting. and happy belated birthday! i am almost all caught up on you now...i look forward to hearing about your october. and that red polka dot bathing suit daisy is wearing is adorable.

Shauna said...

I like your September. So awesome about your marine-y day. And CONGRATS on your pregnancy!!! Miss you guys!

T J V said...

Yay! Congrats on the new baby. V asked those questions too just before E was born. Unfortunately the love=baby answer wasn't enough cause he still wanted to know "but HOW does it get in there?" Hahaha.