CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Super Spa Savvy-less

If your husband likes giving you massages raise your hand. Those lucky girls with your hands raised, count your blessings! Sean DISLIKES giving massages and I LOVE receiving them! So for my Christmas gift he made up for his dislike and sent me to...

The Spa atThis place made me feel soooo out of my element because of its plushness! They provide you with a down robe, sandals, locker and tour. Then before and after your massage you can enjoy the jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, inhalation room, showers with multiple shower heads (the main shower head was the size of a large dinner plate. That was a massage in itself! Not to mention all the amazing shampoo, conditioner, shower and shaving gel provided), and let's not forget the soft warm towels, refreshing cucumber-lemon water and fruit to snack on. They also had a new sanctuary room that had a cozy fire-pit with lounge chairs surrounding it. Cranberries, almonds and cashews were provided to snack on accompanied by lemon-lavender water to keep hydrated. My massage was at 10am but I went at 9 and stayed until about 1 trying to take advantage of my relaxing kid-free time!

A few things I learned and where my LACK of spa savvy shone through:

* Apparently it is NORMAL to go clothes optional in the jacuzzi and the steam room.

*A LOT of older women in this area have had "work" done (Probably more info than you wanted but true).

*No need to bring mouthwash, deodorant, hair gel, blow dryer or anything else you might need to get ready. It is ALL there for you...including Q-tips and brushes!

*The inhalation room has PURE, CLEAN air flowing through it not the hallucinating kind as the name implies.

*The iced cucumber face towels are for AFTER the steam room and those cucumbers are not for eating!

NOW, you will be prepared for your next spa visit. Whether your husband gives you massages or not. This is definitely worth trying just once. Be warned you might become addicted!

12 comments:

JENNY said...

I must say, I'm a little jealous...That Sean, he's a good gift giver...

JJ said...

Wow! I'm jealous. Not only have I never had a massage but I've never had a pedicure either (which I hear is divine). Sounds like a very fun day with lots of pampering.

I always feel extremely out of place at establishments such as that. I'm pretty sure I don't have the required number of 0's in my Net Worth :-)

Jaime said...

I'm pretty jealous. It sounds wonderful. I think about doing something like that sometimes but then quickly realize that I would make a complete fool out of myself because I wouldn't have the slightest idea what to do. Sounds fun though!

Jeppson Clan said...

Aw, way to go Sean! I wish you had taken pictures that would have been great! :)
Thanks for the tips, not that I think I'll ever get to put them to use...I'm so glad you got to go do something pampering like that.
My question is this, where do you direct your eyes in the clothing optional jacuzzi? And what did you wear in there? Did the ladies want to visit or just sit and relax? :)

Shauna said...

What no pictures from the jacuzzi?

Did you eat a cucumber? If so, that's awesome!

The whole day sounds AMAZING!

CBS said...

Oh!!! Good husband Sean! Brady sent me to a spa for our anniversary and if I had unlimited money...I'd be there once a week atleast. However, I wish I would've read your rules first:) there is alot to know so you don't feel stupid there hu?! Especailly at Pebble Beach...I bet that is one of the nicest spas anywhere! Lucky girl.

Sarah said...

I have tears! I need this so bad!

Stephanie Snyder said...

YEA Sean for giving you this gift! Seriously, I love this place. we really need to make an annual girls day there.

Isn't it funny, that is was usually the old ladies that chose the clothesLESS option? and of course had no problem talking to everone!!

Hilarious that you explained that the inhilation room has pure air! haha:)

Room For More said...

sounds glorious!

Sariahfied said...

The only reason Brent gives me massages is so he can get some, they never last long:) Wish I could of been there with ya sista. What a great hubby you have!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Ian's the same-- not into giving massages but I love them more than ANYTHING (well, more than non-editble things... we all know my stance on cupcakes, after all) But I've never been to PB Spa. I'm totally intrigued... sounds like an amazing day for you! Nice work, Sean! I went to the Monterey Plaza spa w/my mom over Thanksgiving and it was HEAVEN. I was like, I could get used to this... danger! PS Costco had (not sure if they still do) SpaFinder certificates that were good for $100 in spa services for only $79. Great deal. I need to stock up so I can get another spa visit in 2009!

Brenna said...

Jamey-Eyes are closed in the clothes optional jacuzzi. You pretend like you are relaxing and don't talk to anyone, unless you came with your girl friends, then you chat it up!
Shauna-I totally put a cucumber in my water. I thought that's what they were for. The ladies restocking the towels kind of giggled at me as I did so. Ya, I looked pretty awesome.
Sorry no pics from the jacuzzi ladies, maybe I can smuggle one in next time!