CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Candy Land Anyone?


Ah yes, old school board games have made a comeback, (or maybe they never left) either way my daughter is smitten. My friend Karey gave Lily Candy Land after Daisy was born and we pulled it out a few days ago. She has woken up every morning since saying "Lets play Candy Land mom". I had forgotten the simplicity of the game, yet it is such a great teaching tool. Learning how to take turns, recognizing colors, how to be a humble winner, and not a sore loser. I admit, after 5 or 6 rounds I am ready for my 10am Ellen show but who doesn't love a little gamble through gumdrop mountains or a linger in lollipop woods? Ya, you know you want to play. Making it to Candy Castle has a lot more meaning now.

9 comments:

T J V said...

Fun! Up next "Shoots and Ladders", haha.

Sariahfied said...

I wish we were there to play with you Lily! I love your new backgroud!

Jeppson Clan said...

The boys love Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders and Memory. All fun ones that remind me of playing with you and Sari. (I think Sari was the biggest cheater ever.) Wait, that MIGHT have been me! :)

Sariahfied said...

Whatever Jamey, Me? Cheat?

Jeppson Clan said...

tsk, tsk, Sata...
Why are you so defensive? Hit a little too close to Candyland? I mean home?

Harmony said...

Girls, girls....settle down. :)

It's nothing a little Candy Land Tournament can't handle.

Amber said...

Haha! We busted out Hi Ho Cherry-o and it can get a little competitive around here!! Speaking of cheating...I think I will call out Heather and the times we played Monopoly!! :)

Sariahfied said...

hi ho cherry-o,that game is so messy. I find cherrys years after we play that game!

Sara said...

Yay! I'm so happy you have a blog! And, honey, you are a way nicer mom than me--I can barely make it through half a round of Candyland before I'm ready to knock myself unconscious. And don't even get me started on Chutes and Ladders... ;)

Miss you!