CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I LOVE this man!

Bleaching the bathroom and bathing the kids.
Sean is always a wonderful, helpful father and husband but when I am sick he turns into Super Sean! Dirty bath tubs, kids, and laundry WATCH OUT!

Just when I thought I was invincible, pneumonia and pleurisy set in.
I avoid going to the doctor unless it is absolutely necessary. There have been too many times I have been charged an arm, leg and a foot for "get tons of rest, drink tons of fluid's, and take some Tylenol." Well...now I know... if you ever have a mean cough for more than two weeks, GO TO THE DOCTOR before it gets worse!
Last Saturday the left side of my chest started to hurt a little bit when I took deep breaths or when I would cough. I didn't think too much of it until it started to hurt more and more in a short amount of time. When I finally humbled myself and accepted the fact I really did need help. There was no way I could wait until Monday to see a doctor, the sharp pain was almost unbearable. So, Sunday night Sean stayed home with the girls and I drove myself to the ER taking little short breaths and trying not to cough. After waiting for two hours with a respiratory mask on and cringing and tearing up with every cough, I was finally seen by a doctor. She said that sure enough there was fluid in my lungs and pleurisy was causing the pain. According to Wikipedia,

"Pleurisy, also known as pleuritis, is an inflammation of the pleura, the lining of the pleural cavity surrounding the lungs. Pleurisy can cause extremely painful respiration (also called pleuritic chest pain) and other signs and symptoms, some of which may remain long after the pleurisy has gone away."

Oh, joy! So, the ER doc put me on an alternative antibiotic because I am nursing and said if it doesn't work in a few days to go back to the doctor. Thanks a lot. At least I did get some pain relievers.
Anyway, I didn't mean to drag all of that out, I really wanted to focus on the amazing people who found out I was sick and didn't hesitate to come through with food, watching kids, flowers, and simply offering their help and concern. The meals continue to come in and are soooo delicious, thank you everyone!

Homemade chicken potato soup complete with biscuits, flowers, and card from Mark and Rochel.


Lily getting in on the action with watermelon, pepperoni and squash soup made especially for me. Yummy!


Homemade chicken noodle (with homemade noodles), fresh baked bread and fresh jam a la Debi.


Kristine brought over chicken fajitas from Micheal's Taqueria. Mmm!

Fresh picked lilies from Shauna B.
I failed to mention that my spectacular mother flew in from New Mexico today to help watch the kids while I recover.

Last time she saw Daisy was in July.


Being the reading teacher that she is, Grandma muffin (affectionately called because my Dad was coined "Punkin" by the first grandchild and my mom wanted a "cute" name too) always brings a bag of books that Lily looks forward to. It was such a beautiful day they decided to read outside. Just when I start to think I can take care of everything on my own, something like this happens. Thank goodness for a caring husband, family and friends! And now time to rest.

10 comments:

Sara said...

Hope you're back to 100% soon, Brenna. You know that if I were there I would have brought you cupcakes, right? :)

Love ya!

Jeppson Clan said...

That picture of Daisy and Mom made me tear up. I'm so glad she is there (with Sean) to help take care of you and the bonney lasses. Rest up sista.

Clarissa said...

Dang girl. So sorry you're feeling awful. Wish I could be there to help.
Love ya!

Adrienne said...

PNEUMONIA!?!?!? You poor thing!!!! Hang in there and recover quickly!

A couple of friends and I are coming down Saturday the 15th, maybe also Fri night. We don't have much of a schedule and just want to play . . . maybe we could get together?

Sariahfied said...

Oh my poor little sister! I wish I was there to bring you a big Dr. Pepper, I bet that would cure you! I am so glad mom is there! I miss you and love you! Get better!

Laura said...

that sounds awful! thank goodness for a great husband, great friends and a great mom! i am with you about never going to the doctor either. especially when you also have to consider bringing the kids or finding a babysitter!

April said...

Brenna I wish I was there to help! I would be there in a second. I am glad super sean came to the rescue and your mom! Nothin like a moms touch. Get well wishes love April

T J V said...

So sorry poor lady. Hope you are recovering quick and don't have any "lingering" symptoms! Glad you have so many people to look after you and help. I would FedEx some chicken/asparagus soup but I don't think it would taste or smell too good by the time it got there, haha. Take care.

Jeppson Clan said...

I want to know Sean's tips and process for bleaching the shower. Mine need a major overhaul...

Amber said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I had not checked your blog in awhile and had no idea you were sick! Isn't kind of funny how we put ourselves last on the list because moms do not have time to be sick, and then before we know it we put it off till it is SO BAD. I hope you are feeling better, and it looks like you have great friends and family to help you out. What a blessing!