Once a month a bunch of ladies get together to just eat, mingle and let the kids play. This Tuesday we all gathered at the Big Red Barn, a property owned by an amazingly generous couple in our church.
We ate. A lot. My friend Sarah made these little cake chickie's and they were not only adorable, but delicious!!!

Daisy with her buddies Sally and Tes.

We hunted for eggs in the carriage quarters (it was raining).
Lily and her partner in crime, Loraya. They were some of the older kids there and therefore scored with the Easter eggs!
Lily and her partner in crime, Loraya. They were some of the older kids there and therefore scored with the Easter eggs!
The rain cleared up and we were able to ride the John Deere truck around the property. The ponies would follow it thinking they were getting fed. Sorry little ponies.
Our lives were in the hands of this woman. You have some sweet shifting skills Sarah! 

And of course the play area! Can you believe this place? We didn't even make it to the yellow brick road hike. Ahh, to have a 4th property to mold for your progeny. Someday!






4 comments:
Wow! How nice to have such resources and generous people to donate them. That place looks amazing!
Brenna I loved your post. I might have my sister look at your blog because she love that barn so much and you have some cool pics that I think she would really like. Nice hunting skills from Lily, man did she ever make out big.
Looks like a wonderful time! Those chick cupcakes, or little cakes were really cute! One of these days I am gonna have to join you all on one of the trips to the big red barn. I have heard it's amazing!
how funnnn!!!!
hey, ask your friend if she got the idea from Martha Stewart for the chicks.. they are way cute...
I would love the recipe but I can get it if it's Martha. :)
Post a Comment