CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Choo! Choo!

 September 12, 2009

These pics are way over due! We went to Roaring Camp with our friends the D'Penhas to ride the steam train through the redwoods.


While waiting for the train there was an old fashioned "town" you could explore.


Daisy was a little scared on the train at first (especially the loud whistle) but soon got the hang of it. I love this shot of Lily soaking it all in. (Thanks for the next two pics Linz).


We weaved through the Redwood forest and saw some amazing HUGE trees,


old railroad bridges,


and stunning glimpses of light.


We got off the train for a few minutes and ate a picnic that Karey and Linz brought. Then we headed back to camp. Next time we are going to stay at the top of the mountain and wait for the next train down.




Good times with good friends!


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Justin really wants to do that. Loved the pictures. It is fun reading your blog because I can hear you say what your saying...Know what I mean?

Jaime said...

I've been wanting to do that for so long! Maybe someday we'll get over there!

Shauna said...

I love that picture of your family on the train. I totally loved doing that when we went...I'm with you on spending more time at the top.

gunnarson said...

Brenna! I so envy how good you are posting on your blog! Your girls are adorable! I love Lily's funny little comments off to the side and the funny faces she makes in some of your pics! I totally remembered your birthday Sept 1, but am obviously a bad friend and didn't wish you one. Looks like it was fun though and I am SO jealous about First Awakenings! I miss that place so much. I really am hoping to take a trip back out to Monterey one of these days. Do you think you guys will stay there long? We go back and forth about moving back all the time, but can't decide if we could go back now that we own a home. Wow, sorry for the long message, but loved catching up on your blog. Finally updated mine as well- I am terrible!

Rochel said...

I LOVE roaring camp, isn't it so fun?! Very cute pics of the fam!