Tuesday, May 12, we headed up north to Hanalei Bay. 
There we got on this outrigger which took us out to a bigger boat in the bay.
We were going on a tour of the Na Pali Coast. It is uninhabited (except only by a few hippies) and can only be accessed by hiking, helicopter or boat.
One of our guides driving the boat with his foot. He couldn't talk enough about what an awesome surfer he was!
Sean spotted some spinner dolphins and so we stopped and watched them for awhile. Most of them were just floating there "sleeping".
One of the many sea caves along this coastline. Our boat actually went inside this one.
This whole tour was just full of ooooo's and aaahhh's!
We snorkeled a bit off the boat before heading back to Hanalei. There were 4 or 5 sea turtles right there waiting for us. Very cool.
Buoyancy getting the best of me. I was trying to stay down so Sean could get the pic with the turtle under me.
Our daily shave ice. Seth, I dedicate all the shave ice pic's to you buddy, I know how much you miss these and I wanted to share!:) (FYI. My little bro. Seth is on his mission in Honduras right now)
After refueling with shave ice (they don't call it shaved ice, there is no "d") we hiked to Queen's Bath.
Bert demonstrated what would happen if you did not heed the warning signs.
Here we are with the "bath" below us. I didn't get a pic of it. It was a HUGE lava pool filled by the tide that people swim in and lay out by just like a normal pool.
After Queen's Bath we made our way over to Secret Beach. Kailua Lighthouse is behind Jenny and I on that point but is hard to see.
We played here for a while. You could lay out by your own mini waterfall. They were everywhere. 
The surf here was pretty strong. The guys had fun playing in it.
We then went to ANOTHER beach called Tunnels Beach. This was an amazing place! The scenery and snorkeling were superb...


...and the sunset was breathtaking (that is Sean and Bert watching from the water. How romantic :) )!

The surf here was pretty strong. The guys had fun playing in it.
We then went to ANOTHER beach called Tunnels Beach. This was an amazing place! The scenery and snorkeling were superb...
...and the sunset was breathtaking (that is Sean and Bert watching from the water. How romantic :) )!
We really packed in as much as we could this day because Bert and Jenny were leaving the next morning. We realized that night we didn't have a pic of all of us, so here we all are, sun kissed and salty. 






5 comments:
I cannot begin to tell you how jealous I am right now...the scenery looks amazing and I would love a really good shaved ice right now. I'm glad that you guys had a good time. You took some great pictures.
Didn't you just have a baby? You look so great! Sean looks like he must be on roids! Hot, Hot, Hot!
aahhh hawaii looks awesome! i love all your pictures and little anecdotes. i'm ready for day 3 now!
Sea turtles, my favorite! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Our kidless trip to Hawaii is happening in 3 years, yep already counting down, haha.
so it looks like you were there for weeks!!!! It's amazing how much you can squeeze in when it's just you and your honey!!!
Post a Comment