I just got back from the longest, shortest trip ever! (If that even makes sense.) We, after deciding not to go, felt impressed last minute that we needed to be at the Robison Family Reunion. (Sean's moms side) This year it was held at a pheasant farm in Gunnison, Utah. So, we drove approximately a 28 hour round trip (give a few for all of Lily's potty breaks and Daisy's feedings) and only stayed at our destination for 2 nights! The actual reunion was a blast. I love going to these because a)I hear stories about Sean's grandparents whom I never got to meet, b)there is always a fun theme, great food, and a new location, and c)they are all just down to earth, wonderful, funny people that we enjoy catching up with. I am grateful we did it and I am also grateful to be home, especially after a flat tire in HOT Vegas and Lily tangling herself in her seat belt so badly we had to cut it with scissors to get her out. (That is another story. I wonder how much a severed seat belt is to replace?) Daisy did pretty awesome in the car and usually only cried when hungry. I really can't complain about her, but now that I think about it, Lily had one too many starburst's and fruit roll-ups. Maybe that is why she was so hyper. Needless to say we will not be making another long family road trip anytime soon. Here are a few highlights.
Aunt Gloria and Aunt Cindy with Daisy. These are the amazing ladies(plus Aunt Jill) that put all of this together.
Sean with cousins Rhett, Dallas, and Cade. That is the cabin we stayed in behind them. Paintball anyone?
My bro-in-law Kelly let me play with his Ruger Mark III pistol. This was after the skeet shooting tournament. So fun.
The kids had a dress up party and then a fashion show. Lily picked out her own outfit.
The babies that were born this year. Millie, Andrew, Clay, and Daisy.
Millie, Clay and Daisy. I love that they are all looking at the camera.
Things I have learned from this trip:
1.)Take more healthy and filling snacks.
2.)Novels on CD are amazing ways to pass the time when the kids are distracted and can't interrupt.
3.)Don't allow free reign of a sharpened pencil to a 3 year old for too long.
4.)Always, always keep wet wipes accessible.
5.)I am a bit rusty with my skeet shooting.
6.)I am a better pool player than I thought.
7.)My bro-in-law Kelly has developed some sweet shootin' skills.
8.)Wal-Mart Tire and Lube is open on Sundays.
9.)Holiday Inn Express has a killer complimentary breakfast.
10.)St. George, Utah has a Cafe Rio. (We stopped both ways...YUM!)
11.)My 8 year old niece Taryn can kick A on Guitar Hero.
12.)Paint balls can draw blood. (luckily not on me.)
13.)Don't give a joker away in a game of Rummy.
14.)The only place to find caffeine-free Dr. Pepper is in Utah. (We stocked up)
15.)Hearing stories about ancestors you have never met allows you to develop a connection and appreciation for those that have gone before.
1.)Take more healthy and filling snacks.
2.)Novels on CD are amazing ways to pass the time when the kids are distracted and can't interrupt.
3.)Don't allow free reign of a sharpened pencil to a 3 year old for too long.
4.)Always, always keep wet wipes accessible.
5.)I am a bit rusty with my skeet shooting.
6.)I am a better pool player than I thought.
7.)My bro-in-law Kelly has developed some sweet shootin' skills.
8.)Wal-Mart Tire and Lube is open on Sundays.
9.)Holiday Inn Express has a killer complimentary breakfast.
10.)St. George, Utah has a Cafe Rio. (We stopped both ways...YUM!)
11.)My 8 year old niece Taryn can kick A on Guitar Hero.
12.)Paint balls can draw blood. (luckily not on me.)
13.)Don't give a joker away in a game of Rummy.
14.)The only place to find caffeine-free Dr. Pepper is in Utah. (We stocked up)
15.)Hearing stories about ancestors you have never met allows you to develop a connection and appreciation for those that have gone before.






11 comments:
I am so excited to know that you have a blog! Thank you so much for coming to the reunion. I was utterly amazed that you made the journey (28 hours total?) Wow! It was so wonderful to have you there. Lilly and Daisy are adorable. I loved your list of things that you learned. My list would include that Sean and Brenna are amazing! I can't belive you got a flat tire...so sorry. I can't wait to hear the seatbelt story - who knew?
WE DID A LAST MINUTE REUNION TRIP TOO! WE WENT TO MESQUITE AND BACK TO PROVO FOR JAKE'S FAM REUNION IN 23HRS AND 45MINS! TALK ABOUT A ROUGH TRIP HAHA BUT IT WAS WORTH IT! Y'ALL LOOK LIKE Y'ALL HAD FUN!
I'm so happy about your blog too! Who knew? Now we can keep tabs on you always! We are so glad you were there...it really wouldn't have been the same without you! Thanks for making the trip! Glad you're home safe (and that the seatbelt came untangled...scissors or no!)
You look like you have had such a fun summer!!!! I can't believe it took you so long to get a blog.. you are such a great blogger! What a cute family you have.
Road trips with kids are just a party waiting to happen, aren't they? A long, torturous, why-are-we-doing-this-again party. I'm glad the good time was worth it though!
Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper? You Conroy's have gone soft.
road trips suck! but we are all so very glad that you came. My kids adore your "LIL" and I adore YOU! Thanks for making our family part of yours. I love your tender heart and the way you can kick butt shooting a pistol!
I am so sorry to hear that you had a flat and an issue with a seatbelt. How on earth did Lily create that masterpiece? It was great to see you twice in one month. Now we'll probably go an entire year without seeing you. We'll have to make it out your way soon.
Looks like fun and sounded like even more funny memories. I will have to call and get the back stories for some of those, haha.
Cutting the seatbelt sounds like the highlight of your travels:) Glad you had fun with family. I'm heading out to see my family in a couple of weeks, luckily only with one kid and by airplane.
Love the list! #15 made me cry.
Post a Comment