CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Just Like You Mom

Lily got out of the tub a few nights ago and wanted her hair up in a towel "just like you mom". She wanted to paint her toe nails next and then put powder on her nose, "just like you mom". Now, I have never been a "girly, girl" by any means. In fact there was quite a bit of hesitation just letting Lily get into all the princess and dress up stuff. However, I can honestly say that having daughters' is so much fun! I get to teach and share the joys of being a girl! Lily Ann is one of the spunkiest, observant, sarcastic 3 year old's I know. I have a feeling we are in for a lot of drama in the future but I am trying to soak in the moments when she wants to be "just like you mom" because I know they won't last long.

8 comments:

Christina and Jared Strain said...

Sean! Wow...it has been waaay too long! Your family is so adorable! Hope all is well!

Jeppson Clan said...

Awww, how sweet! I think it's hilarious that you have such issues with pink and princesses. MAYBE it's b/c you were the Homecoming Queen, AND the Prom queen AND the Court Warming Queen. Share the tiaras sista, it will all be O.K. I promise! (You know I'm just teasing, and I'm still a little bit bitter about losing Prom queen to a pregnant girl.)
Lily looks so girly in her turban, and she looks like she's pretty handy with a hair dryer! Great pics Brenna!

Jeppson Clan said...

Do I need to clarify that I am your older sister and you weren't the pregnant girl that I "lost" to?

Hmmm?

T J V said...

Cuteness. I agree with your sis though, for being so non-girly you won quite the number of tiaras but you are the only homecoming queenI know that can shoot a gun too. So don't worry in a few years you can teach her to shoot a gun and then she can still be "just like you" and wear tiaras and hunt, haha! Glad your sis clarified too heehee!

Stephanie Snyder said...

How cute! This is one of those few times I think about having a girl. hmm... maybe I'll have to stop looking at your blog:)

Lily looks sooo cute. I felt bad when we bought her princess stuff for one of her birthdays when you were still having some "issues" with the whole princess thing.

Sariahfied said...

I am still jeolous about being first runner up for homecoming queen and never getting my crown. I guess for years to come I will have to steal(borrow) one of your many crowns to wear when I need a little princess time. I wish Chloe would be more girlie girl because that is what i live for, but she would rather be off playing with her animals. At leat I have emmy to put makeup on with!

Harmony said...

Lily is so precious! I love it!

Oh ya, I've been meaning to ask you...does Lily say, "I love you foo-foo?" Ever since you guys came down to Cbad, Adi keeps saying that. And when I ask her about it, she says, "That's what Lily says." Kind of random, I know...but just wondering.

gunnarson said...

Lily is adorable! How cute is that. I bet that makes you feel so great as a mom to have her want to be like you. Maybe someday I'll get some pink.