Since we were having such amazing weather last week we decided to plan a bonfire on the beach, roast some hot dogs and make smore's with some friends. Well, I got there to set up and there was a new sign at Asilomar Beach, NO CAMPFIRES. I kept walking like I didn't see it, we have done fire's here before, surely the ranger would understand we didn't know. The Laflan's had all the firewood ready to go which Jeff skillfully cut with his chainsaw and even soaked some sawdust in lighter fluid to get the heat started. A lot of work had gone into this. After some contemplation with myself, my conscience got the best of me (and the possibility of a fat fine), and I called Sean. He ended up throwing the dogs on the grill at home and then bringing them over. It worked out fine but we were smoreless (thank goodness Shauna B. brought those killer Oreo cupcakes) and we had to leave right at dark. The people who walked the beach in the morning were I'm sure excited to find a nice array of beach toys and flip flops that we left behind due to the quick onset of darkness. This event, though fun, definitely calls for a re-do. Don't worry Sarah, we will get that firewood out of the back of your truck just yet!
The Laflan's
The Berciaga's (I'd claim her too Aaron) Notice the tourist's in the back taking pictures...look locals! This happened on our stroller walk the other day too! Funny.

The Eady's
Drew representing the Hollobaugh Family (see, those cupcakes were dang good).
The Wiener Family
The Snyder's left too early to get a pic...next time guys! You deserve a shout out on the Conroy blog! I know it is on your 'dreams to yet come true' list. Patience.
My hot boy and baby girl.
The sun started to set and the lighting was just right. Sarah took these next photos...
My little beach babe making sandcastles.You can't tell by my expression but Sean wouldn't kiss me right. "Come on Sean, kiss me on the beach with the sun setting, don't you understand how romantic this is?"
I finally convinced him. Ahhhh, I know some of you are gagging. Sorry.






7 comments:
fun fun fun!!!
So much fun. Definitely need to do a do over. I didn't realize all the work that went into the fire that never happened. Sad!
I'm sorry we couldn't go! It looks like fun. I had a killer sinus headache though. Next time...
How fun! Wish we could have joined the party. :) Maybe someday we'll get out to Cali!
You are such a good blogger and so good at keeping up! I love all the pics. Lily is soo cute starting preschool. All of your pics make me miss Cali sooo much! Have a lot of new people moved into the ward? I look at your pics these days and only know the Laflan's and Snyder's?!?! What a cute family you have and you're always doing such fun things.
Awesome pics! Y' know if you had only called me LOL!!! Very cute family pics of everyone!
That one of Sean and Daisy is awesome! Seriously it's like she's a copy of your baby pictures!
Post a Comment