CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day and the Aftermath


6:30 am we got to talk to my little brother Seth who is serving a mission in Honduras. It was so great to hear his voice. He called on Christmas Eve to verify the time and phone number for the Christmas day phone call and we talked to him then as well. He is doing wonderfully and immersing himself in the scriptures and the culture.

Then of course, STOCKINGS and PRESENTS!

Some of my favs included my aprons, a blue one made and personalized by my mom, and the green and blue one made by my sis-in-law. (I am just surrounded by talented women!) Move over Mrs. Cleaver these cute numbers are gonna get me a bakin' and a cookin'. Also, Sean got me a day at the Pebble Beach Spa which I am SO eager and excited to do!


Some of Lily's highlights included her digital camera from Aunt Jerianne, a guitar from G. Grandma Hand, a Mrs. Goodbee dollhouse from my mom and dad and the treasure hunt.

After opening all the presents we discovered a scroll rolled up and left in the tree from Santa.


The Clue's.

The final letter from Santa on the treasure chest.


Santa wrote about the true treasure and wealth of the gospel of Jesus Christ,


A reminder to us all!


Then we had fun with the 'not so important treasure'!


We started getting Christmas lunch/dinner ready and got a call from my Uncle Bob, Aunt Sandy and cousins Ted and Guin. They had amazingly made it up the snowy, slippery mountain but couldn't get down the unplowed (I think I made that word up, you know what I mean) roads to the cabin. Dad and Sean ventured out to help them unload and hike down to the cozy cabin.
We certainly enjoyed their company and were grateful they made it in safely. They brought along their 2 yellow labs Logan and Clark and with G&G's dog Molly making 3, that place was quite exciting for a few hours until they calmed down. Lily loved bossing them around with her hands on hips and finger waving in the air. She kept saying "I want to be an animal teacher!"


FUN WITH THE FAMILY!










My mom with the girls, Grampa Hand kept teaching Daisy how to take steps despite my plea's of "I am not ready for her to walk yet!" :) Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob happy to be in from the cold.

My cute cousin's Guin and Ted. We loved seeing all you guys!




We had an amazing dinner with my dad's famous Claude's brisket and since we were all snowed in we got to have a fun slumber party, dog's and all!

4 comments:

Rochel said...

What a great Chistmas! I love that Santa left clues and a sweet poem, that santa, he is so clever! I am glad you guys had a great time, it looked like a lot of fun!

JJ said...

What great photos! Man, do I remember the missionary calls and how excited we would get. The anticipation was terrible. I'm glad you got that chance.

Your mom and I need to coordinate next year or else you are going to need to do a lot of cooking!

Jeppson Clan said...

Fun pics of everyone. Is that a ribbon around your neck?
"I married the homecoming queen." Classic. Sean better wear that bad boy with pride. He kinda looks like he's 17 in that picture too. :) I had something else earth shattering to say but I can't remember what it was...

Jeppson Clan said...

Oh yeah, duh, THANK YOU for our Christmas presents! Sheesh, I'm a dope sometimes. The boys loved their gifts and so did we! You guys rock the casbah.