All of that shopping put me in the MOOD and so I talked Sean into...wait... not THAT kind of mood, ya sickos. The Christmas mood! HA! I have always been so strict about letting Thanksgiving have it's glory and THEN on Dec. 1, and only then, the Christmas decorations are allowed to come forth. Well, I am liking the tradition of getting the tree a day or two after Thanksgiving. Even though it is STILL November. The longer the decorations get to stay out, the better! What has Black Friday done to me?
Behold, our monster of a Christmas tree. Whew, we didn't think that massive thing would fit on our car. Yep, this baby stands a whole 5 ft. tall!
No we did not get the tree at Chevron(upper left corner) however they do have amazing hot chocolate!

The work in progress. I am still accumulating shell ornaments so it is a little bare. Looking at this pic I need to add more blue lights too.
Someday I will have a kids' tree but in the meantime I get to decorate it my way! As mean as it sounds, too much space it devoted to them already in our little place. Lily does have her mini tree in her room and she did help decorate our big one. I promise I'm really not that mean and selfish of a mom! The tree is MINE, MINE, don't touch it! (Going to be a challenge with Daisy!)
Behold, our monster of a Christmas tree. Whew, we didn't think that massive thing would fit on our car. Yep, this baby stands a whole 5 ft. tall!
No we did not get the tree at Chevron(upper left corner) however they do have amazing hot chocolate!
The work in progress. I am still accumulating shell ornaments so it is a little bare. Looking at this pic I need to add more blue lights too.
Happy decking the halls everyone! May you be kinder than me and let your children hang what they want on your tree! :)






9 comments:
Looking good. Do you have a picture of last year's tree A.K.A. The Fat Prom Date so I can compare? That Sean is a funny one.
P.S.
It's o.k. to be in THE mood as well you are married after all, ya sicko!
:)
p.s.s. You need to change your blog settings so we can click on your pictures to enlarge them. I can't even see the Chevron at all. In K.C. we like Quik Trip for hot chocolate. Love you sista!
The tree looks gorgeous! I'm a little jealous, I don't think we're doing one this year between leaving for Utah and the knowledge that Cael would tear it down!
I have my own tree. Every woman should be allowed a "decorator tree" (what I have named mine) that is decorated on more than the lower third of its boughs. It's beautiful.
P.S. I'm not a mean mom either. We have Pat's tree upstairs and the kids are allowed to decorate it.
Jacen will be jealous--he really wanted to do a blue and white christmas tree this year. The colors won out (because it meant not having to buy new lights). The tree is beautiful!
Beautiful tree. I love that your ornaments are shells. That makes me smile. Mom's are allowed the tree thing I must say. Miss ya!
I love your tree! Sooo fun:)
So, I was told not to give babies pickles...is that a myth??..... Probably.
Landon and Preston are sitting here with me, they LOVE Daisy and the pickle.
Landon was questioning the whole, "Santa Baby" song and now Preston is screaming "Santa Baby!" all over the house. It's hilarious so thank you for my big laugh!!
Oh christmas Tree oh Christmas Tree: how lovely are your branches? Pretty lovely If you are the Conroy tree! The pictures definitely capture the beauty, but in person WOW! Now I am afraid to decorate mine!
Oh Brenna I have to tell Sean that the tree thing reminds me of the MASSIVE tree we cut down years ago!!! We had to nail it to the floor and tie it to the roof!!!!!! But it was the one Sean and Kelly wanted and oh how it was HUGE!!!!!! 5 ft. tall is MUCH better!!!!!
By the way I forgot to mention in my previous comment, the tree is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Post a Comment