December 13, 2008
Our church Christmas party menu consisted of tri-tip, homemade spaetzle (German noodles), pomegranate salad, and every dessert imaginable. So yummy! The decorations were fantastic (especially for a ward party) and the program was enjoyable. The girl who sang Mary's Lullaby brought tears to my eyes. After having children I feel I have a teeny-tiny glimpse as to what Mary was going through that night and in addition to giving birth, she did so in such meager, raw, circumstances and of course to the Savior of mankind! Whew, what a woman! I was just truly touched. This is one of my favorite paintings by Simon Dewey depicting that instant bond and love of a mother for her child.
When Santa's bells started ringing at the end of the program, Lily bolted up and was the first one in line to see him. Her request...a digital camera. That was it. Amazing what 3 year olds are asking for these days! I believe the camera has already been taken care of thanks to Aunt Jerianne. Great! Less work for Santa!
When Santa's bells started ringing at the end of the program, Lily bolted up and was the first one in line to see him. Her request...a digital camera. That was it. Amazing what 3 year olds are asking for these days! I believe the camera has already been taken care of thanks to Aunt Jerianne. Great! Less work for Santa!I made Lily go sit on Santa's lap a second time so I could get "the picture". Daisy was so beyond bedtime!
Genius me didn't think to get the wonderful Christmas decorations in the background. This could have been our Christmas card picture, Darn it. So here we have the lovely building walls and door in the background instead. I guess it's a little late to send out Christmas cards anyway. Don't be upset if you get a Christmas email instead of a card this year. :)
6 More days until Christmas!






4 comments:
Looks like you had a fun ward Christmas party. At least your kids would sit by Santa...
A digital camera wow...what's next an ipod?! :) We have a friend that just got their 6 year old one...our kids are getting bikes. Since Matt's all about the outdoors and stuff. Miss you.
Yipee! Nanner gets to be cooler than Santa this year.
Sorry we had to miss the Church party, sounded like it was great! You're family is sooo cute no matter what the back and foreground you guys are all always "picture perfect!"
Your kids are getting so big and look so cute. Have a Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment