...but the trip was so delightful! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! We ventured out to the Sierra mountains just outside of Bakersfield to celebrate the holiday with my Grandma and Grandpa Hand. My mom and dad flew out from New Mexico and we all met at the cabin in Alta Sierra on Christmas Eve. The cabin was built by my great, great grandfather in 1928. My Grandpa Ted has maintained it so well and has added on a whole new living room and bedroom among other areas! He is 84 and still driving his tractor around the property making improvements. He and my moms' two brother's are so skilled and can make anything happen...true HANDy men! We arrived and Grandma Hand had the fireplace crackling, the Christmas tree and garland's sparkling, and yummy Basque soup ready on the table. It was wonderfully cozy! I especially loved her COSTCO box of hot chocolate...mmm! Add some marshmallows, whipped cream and sprinkles and I am not going anywhere... except maybe to go play in the snow just so I can come back in and have MORE hot chocolate.
And of course leave it to my dad and Sean to unveil the mistletoe! I just love my parents!






3 comments:
that looks like the most perfect Christmas Eve EVER!!!! I bet you all had a ball!!!!! Tell Lily I loved DOTTIE DOT!
What a fun time that looks like! I love that you had a white Christmas! I loved your little play on words to like HANDy men and the other ones! You are sooo clever! Seriously...looks like you guys had a ball!
How fun and So smart to have hot chocolate on hand after playing:) I wish I would have thought of that.
Post a Comment