CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

The Early Bird Gets the MP3 Player!

I have always thought those that went out at insane hours in the morning on Black Friday were out of their mind! Throngs of determined, often ruthless people, standing in cold weather, lines, lines and more lines, traffic... the list goes on. Well, Sarah and I talked each other into giving it a whirl and then converted Stephanie. I set the alarm for 3:15am, went and picked up Sarah at 3:30, then picked up Stephanie and on to Kohls. It opened at 4am. When we got there the line was clear down the sidewalk. Sarah hopped in it while Steph and I got in the Old Navy line which didn't open until 5am. We were about 10 people back. Quarter til, they handed out bracelets to the first 50 people in line. If you spent 20 bucks in Old Navy and had a bracelet on, you got a free MP3 player. SWEET!


Sarah waving in the Kohl's line. Sittin', waitin', and freezin'.

Power Up!


I am still recovering from the LACK of sleep (Daisy induced as well), however that was seriously one of the funnest shopping trips ever! I came home ready to blast the Christmas music and bust out the Holiday decorations!

3 comments:

gunnarson said...

How fun you crazy girls are! I've never gone shopping on Black Friday either! Looks like a nice Thanksgiving as well. How fun that you have such good friends so close with your families away. I miss living there! Your kids are so darn cute! Love the babies pic.

JJ said...

You are a brave (if not slightly crazy) person. Jacqui and I gave it a whirl as well (never have gotten into the whole Black Friday thing because I have no family around). However, our festivities started at 7:00, not 3:15.

I was able to snag one of the things I went out for but, alas, was denied the $30 Leapster which, in truth, was the biggest reason I went.

Kendall Paige said...

I could never have stood out in the cold like that. Major major props to you guys!! No wonder why I love you all so much... it's because you are insane(in a good way)! The earliest I went shopping was 8 45 at walmart and k mart and me not having ANY makeup on... EW! Love you guys a ton! I hope you caught up on all of your sleep!!!