CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

O' Fair New Mexico

July 10, 2008

We were home from Seattle for 2 days and then we ventured off for Carlsbad, New Mexico. The Land of Enchantment. Each time I go back to my 'homeland' I realize that it really isn't that bad. Growing up I couldn't wait to get out of that town but every time I go back I realize that some of my fondest memories took place at CHS, the LDS Church, Riverside Elementary, the Pecos River, on Cherry Lane, at Meme and Papa's pool, the golf course, Elks Club, the list goes on. Needless to say, I am grateful I grew up in a small town with wonderful friends and a loving family!

After driving a little over an hour to the San Jose Airport, flying to L.A. and then to El Paso Texas, there is a 2 1/2 hour drive from the El Paso airport to Carlsbad. It had just rained so there were tarantulas all over the side of the road. (Which I found very cool! They come out after the rain because their burrows are flooded.) An amazing lightening storm was in the distance, and a spectacular sunset behind us. Sean and I listened to "The Operative" a novel on CD that made the time whiz by, while Lily watched "The Princess and the Pauper". Thank goodness for the portable DVD player! We made the trek out to Carlsbad to support my little brother, Seth, he had just received his mission call for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and this was his "farewell" Sunday. He has been called to serve in the Tegucigalpa, Honduras mission for two years and we are all SO incredibly excited for him! Way to go Lil' Bro!


8 comments:

T J V said...

ooh i remember the trantulas growing up in Texas. However, I did not think they were cook, haha! Congrats to your little brother though. Are those the "sister" dresses in the photo?

Brenna said...

Yep! Those are the dresses you got for the girls Tamara! They are getting tons of use.

Amber said...

The Princess and the Pauper is one of our favorites around here. Zoey watches it probably 2-3 times a day and insists on having her dress up clothes on! Oh and the spider thing is pretty cool but I dont know if I would be brave enough to get out of the car to see them! :)

Clarissa said...

I know what you mean about going home. Carlsbad has a way of pulling you back. I wouldn't mind living there.... Well, it would be nice to be closer to my family anyway.

gunnarson said...

I love all your traveling pics Brenna. Lily looks like she had a blast with her cousins. I love the quilt that was made for Daisy. Brought tears to my eyes... what a sweet memento to have. I love the tarantula's! Well I don't LOVE them, but what a cool picture.

Sariahfied said...

I havent been able to check your blog for a while, I am so proud of you and the blogger you have become! Did you ever fiqure out that password? Love ya lil sis!

Sarah said...

What would a do without you Brenna? I would have freaked out. I love that you think stuff like spiders are cool, thats why I love for Cal and Meg to hang with you. You teach them not to be scared of things and you open up a whole new world to them.

Jessica said...

I am so glad that you started your blog Brenna. The girls and you of course are darling. Sean may be the family down fall. We miss seeing you guys and hopefully we can plan a little get together somewhere.
It looks like you have been having a very busy summer.