I have helped with MANY a baby shower, however, I have never thrown one for twins nor teamed up with Mrs. Sarah, Queen of Paper. You name it, she can make it, color coordinate it, and have the embellishments to give adorable a run for its money! Allow me to boast about my gal pal's skills and ideas...
First of all she was genius to enlist the Young Women from our church to do a (service) activity folding origami cranes a.k.a. storks to scatter the entry way of her home. Our goal was to do 1,000 because of the Japanese tradition "1,000 cranes brings good luck." However, we ended up being practical and settled for the 166 that we got.


We threaded and hung them all over which led to our first little game.

Instead of the traditional 'Guess how many jellybean's in the bottle'. We did 'Guess how many storks it will take to deliver Karey's twins.' This was hung on the door, complete with stork topped pen. Yes, people, we even decorated the pen. The color scheme was blue, green, brown and orange. Take it and run with it!

Upon entering the home, handmade, color coordinated pinwheels were strung and placed throughout.

This was the candy table where the guests filled up favor bags when leaving. All candy was separated into colors of blue, orange, green and brown...of course. I will never look at peach rings, gummy sharks and pear jellybeans the same again. Cute matching tins complimented the candy wheel.

The seating/party area complete with diaper cake (by Sarah).

Not shown; her orange tulle draped chairs accented with orange Gerber daisies.

Purdy ladies Sarah, Rochel, and Janine getting the delicious salad bar ready. Yummy marinaded chicken was grilled by Sean as one of the toppers. Nice work babe! Notice the color coordinated Izze sodas. Not pictured, the orange, green, and blue scrapbook paper covers for the water bottle labels. She wanted to embellish the water bottles with 'B' 'A' 'B' 'Y'! I had to draw the line somewhere! :)
Getting the party started. Karey, the soon to be mother of Dylan and Neisha. Who all of this was lovingly done for! We can't wait to meet those babies!

The party planner and her assistant...moi!

Another salad bar shot. Inspired by Sizzler...come on who doesn't love Sizzler?

Games such as 'Name the Animal Babies', 'Nursery Rhyme Rhetoric', and 'Celebrity Kid Match' were put in a packet pinned together with a diaper pin. The last page of the packet was dedicated to giving advice to the mom-to-be and writing your address down to help simplify the thank you cards.
While Karey was opening gifts I set a timer for every 5 minutes. When the bell went off, the gift giver's present she was opening at the time got to choose a prize. It kept the guests involved at an otherwise sometimes mundane time.
Rochel brought the dessert which was a death by chocolate cake from Layers Bakery. She topped it with a pinwheel. So simple, cute, and decadent!
It was a fun, stressful, satsifying, and time consuming experience. I highly recommend Sarah for your next party planning! Hopefully this gave some of you some idea's for your next baby shower. Sean teases and say's "You are never doing one of these again!" At least I think he is teasing...
9 comments:
I had fun! You two threw a fantastic baby shower! I wish I could have stayed the entire time.
K I want to get pregnant JUST to have you guys throw me a shower. That looked out of control...amazing from start to finish, every little detail was so cute. Hope you get to relax now!
Wow. If we have another baby can you come throw me a shower?
The shower was totally great! All the time and effort definitely showed! GREAT JOB!
Brenna, I loved teaming up with you on this shower. You have such great ideas and we worked so well meshing all of our ideas together. I have to say to everyone that may read this... Brenna is so well rounded in her talents! There are several areas where I can't pull it together and Brenna magically comes forth with something fabulous! Thanks for doing this shower and all the time and energy it took to pull it off.
What a fun shower. I love the storks and pinwheels. Great job ladies!
p.s. I was on our sister Sata's blog and your blogger name is now: the yw presidency?...what the heck?...I thought it took 3 people to make up a presidency. You must be super righteous...or bragging or something! :) Love you my super righteous sister.
To answer your question Jamey.
I am creating a blog for the Monterey Ward Young Women and haven't quite figured out how to separate that one from mine. Tricky stuff. Let me know if anything else wierd pops up! :)
Look at you girls go! That looks like the baby shower of a lifetime! How cute and creative Sarah is. Tell Karey Congratulations!! I am so envious of your fun beach pics! I miss Monterey so much! Daisy and Tes look adorable workin their suits!
With you and Sarah plannig the shower...I'm sure it was amazing! TOo bad you didn't get the 1000 storks:) I hope you recycled all that paper!! I loved you post about what Cali has done to you: the hybrid, recycling etc...It did something to me too!
Post a Comment