Seth made it to Honduras and I can't believe he is there! Here is an excerpt from his first email home.
"Well i'm going to tell you one of my first experiences. i was teaching or trying to this one family who lives on a mountain. lets just say they live in sticks. The shed in the back yard is a mansion compared to what they live in. But anyways they ask me if i want lemonade and i say sure so they give it to me and it has a worm swimming around in it. i know gross yuck. so i was like, let us pray then i took the worm out while we were praying and threw it out and yes i drank the nastiest thing ive ever drunk in my life. But it was interesting."
I could just see his face when he saw that worm and then think he was so clever to say let us pray. Oh Sethers, gotta love that guy.
"my companions name is elder celino. he is a native and does not speak much english. But im teaching him english while he teaches me spanish."
He closed his letter with
"...it is very jungley here and i have to sleep under a mosquito net. and you shower with a bucket. so be thankful that you live in america. The people here are the craziest drivers i feel like im going to die when i get in a taxi. Well i love you all. Thanks for your prayers for me they do help me. i love you all. Elder Seth William Jenkins
My little bro is all grown up! I am so proud of him!






4 comments:
I love the story of the worm! I'm going to tell that to Jacen. He's a little picky about his food and I'm always telling him, "When you go on your mission...." <:
I'm glad to hear that he's doing well. His letter sounded a lot like my brother's from Tijuana. It seems like so long ago...
That's a great story about the worm. Funny that he saw it, said let's pray and then tossed the worm out on it's head! He looks really happy!
The story about the worm is so funny and sad. I'm sure you'll have plenty more of these stories before he gets home. i'm glad he's doing well.
Post a Comment